Personal Trainer/ Fitness Instructor
Do you enjoy helping people? Do you like knowing that everyday you are assisting others to achieve a happier and healthier life? That is what we do at fit20. We add strength to people’s lives and we believe that strength is the key to longevity and a better quality of life.
Training the fit20 way, members show measurable results within a few months, and more importantly, they feel stronger and fitter which directly affects their daily lives.
In order to support our rapid growth, we are looking for high-energy people to learn our unique new way of exercising to promote lifelong fitness.
This position will be part-time, to begin with, and have the ability to grow into full time as desired by both parties.
Work will be in the Fairfax Station region.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
- Training customers according to the fit20 training method. Training will be provided.
- Provides exceptional member attention while managing expectations
- Assist Members with establishing short and long term goals
- Modify training due to member concerns, health issues, and/or injuries
- Regularly checks the motivation and wellbeing of the customer in relation to the training and progression towards their goals
- Works independently with the fit20 trainers’ app and other systems to document training
- Communicates with customers and can provide advice and explanations regarding their training.
- Takes part in team meetings and events
- Assist with managing the member calendar & planning correctly
- Communicates with members in the desired manner
- Can execute basic administrative tasks
- Ensures the studio is clean and tidy
- Has an active attitude towards client retention and related local activities and opportunities
- Available to an individual exhibiting ownership
- Proactive role in membership growth
- Involvement with local marketing events
- Manage trainer schedule
Skills and Abilities
- High energy, committed to a healthy lifestyle including personal fitness
- Experience coaching or guiding adults is valued
- A basic understanding of anatomy and physiology is a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Some education as a personal trainer or in medical fitness or sport is preferred
- First Aid course recommended but not mandatory.
fit20 will provide you with comprehensive training with both online and in-studio environments so that you can get a thorough understanding of our training methodology and the client experience. After you’ve obtained the fit20 Personal Trainer Certification you’ll be able to train our members in a safe and effective way.
- fit20 clothes for the upper body (shirts and vests) will be provided.
- Pants and shoes need to be in accordance with the fit20 formula.
COVID-19 considerations: All trainers are required to be vaccinated and must wear a mask when working with members if requested. fit20's training method is already COVID safe with no more than 2 members training at a time with 1 personal trainer.